Oklahoma Blood Institute is offering FREE COVID-19 antibody testing for blood donors ages 18 and up at upcoming blood drives. Test results will be mailed post-donation.*
Healthy adults are urged to give blood at one of these locations, and appointments are needed to allow for recommended social distancing:
• Bartlesville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Bloodmobile; Friday, June 26, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Washington Park Mall, inside next to Dillard’s; Saturday, June 27, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• City Church, Children’s Small Gym; Monday, June 29, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• City Church, Children’s Small Gym; Tuesday, June 30, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Richard Kane YMCA, Bloodmobile; Tuesday, June 30, 2:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Donors will receive a free t-shirt and their choice of one free entry voucher to Science Museum Oklahoma in Oklahoma City or two free entry vouchers to Safari Joe’s H2O Water & Adventure Park in Tulsa, to be redeemed at yourbloodinstitute.org.
Appointments encouraged. Call 1-877-340-8777 or visit obi.org.
Oklahoma Blood Institute is following recommendations and guidelines set forth by the FDA, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and AABB (formerly American Association of Blood Banks). Oklahoma Blood Institute is committed to maintaining the safest standards for blood collection, testing and transfusion.
Oklahoma Blood Institute’s donor centers and mobile blood drives have instituted additional cleaning methods, decontaminating work and common areas and equipment frequently. In addition, donor centers and mobile blood drives have been adapted to allow for social distancing. All phlebotomy staff will wear masks. Staff members and donors will also have their temperatures taken before starting work or entering the facility, to ensure only healthy individuals are present.
Oklahoma Blood Institute supports the inventory for patients in more than 160 hospitals, medical facilities and air ambulances statewide.